Send SMS From Your Own Number
Customising the Sender ID
We offer you two ways of customising the SenderID so you can send SMS "from" your own phone number or company name. You can use the SMS Express cloud platform, and/or download our free Android app. Please read on for more details on both.
Send SMS From Your Own Number or Business Name
The SMS Express platform has 2 mobile numbers (also called shared numbers) hard wired into the system. So when you send a text message, it will come "from" one of our 2 numbers (the SenderID). These shared numbers allow your recipients to REPLY to your SMS, and it comes back into your Replies section in your online account.
In your SMS Express account this is the Repliable default setting.
But you can change the default Repliable setting by creating a custom SenderID, so any SMS you send from the platform will "come from" your mobile number or your company name.
However please note the following:
- If you use a word SenderID (eg your biz name), you only have 11 characters.
- If you use a word, you cannot get replies.
- Some telcos may block SMS from a word. This is not usually an issue in Australia, but certainly is in the USA, UK and Asian countries. We offer no guarantees or refunds.
- If you use your mobile number as the SenderID, replies will bypass the platform and come back to your phone.
- Note that all SMS sent FROM the platform can be viewed in Sent/Queued where you can view live delivery reports.
- You can create multiple SenderIDs and set one as the default. Plus you can change these on the fly.
So what next?
Simply create an account, login and create your SenderID in the SENDING section.
We offer all new customers 10 free credits AFTER we verify your account and ascertain you're a legitimate business.
If you need help with this please call us: 1300 668 287